After preparing your canine a couple of fundamental orders like sitting and staying, you can proceed onward to further developed stunts, such as instructing them to shake your hand. Whether you’re an experienced dog owner or a newbie, by following a few simple steps, your dog is well on their way to learning this cool new trick. As a bonus, this trained behavior comes in handy when you need to spread off our dog’s muddy paws or even trim their nails.
At Grah Kingston, we are providing quality Health Exam Service. We are known as one of the best Dog Grooming Vet Clinics in Kingston open 7 days a week.
Steps to teaching your dog to shake
- Have your dog “sit.”
- Grab a treat and show it off before you shroud it in your shut clench hand.
- Hold out your clench hand, palm looking up, at about your canine’s chest level.
- Your canine ought to normally paw at your clench hand to get to the treat. When they do open your hand and let them have the pet treat and give them plenty of praise. Repeat these steps several times until your canine gets it.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4, but this time without holding a treat in your hand. As soon as your canine paws at your fist give them a pet treat from your other hand.
- Once your canine understands what you want them to do it’s time to add the word shake add this word just before you put out your hand. Now your dog is shaking.
We recommend practicing for 5 to 10 minutes per day as to not irritate or tire out your dog. If you’d like, you can fuse a clicker into this everyday practice, clicking preceding giving the treat. If your canine isn’t getting the stunt down as fast as you’d like, be certain not to reprove and rather to simply offer consolation en route.
Via preparing your canine to shake (also the wide range of various fundamental practices like sitting and staying), you’ve helped protect them, improved their certainty, and given yourself something to display.
Pet owners are welcome to visit our Animal Hospital in Kingston open 7 days a week. In our Yearly Health Exam Service, we have Veterinary experts with years of experience who have done their jobs in Dog Grooming incredibly.