Flea and tick
Flea and tick are an irritation. These little, parasitic parasites aggravate your dog and overrun your home — regularly before you understand that fleas have moved in. Numerous dogs are allergic to flea bites, which can cause extraordinary scratching, red and flaky skin, scabs, problem areas, and balding. Fleas can likewise cause tapeworm and weakness.
As per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, fleas and tick medication favor creature has yet will depend on gnawing individuals when creatures are inaccessible. They can communicate germs that cause illness by benefiting from has or through fecal pollution when tainted flea dung are scratched into an open injury.
In the event that you and your dog are scratching your heads, and you’re thinking about how to slaughter dog fleas, we have you covered. Here are the four stages you need to take to kill these unwanted freeloaders.
Understand the Flea’s Life Cycle
The first step is understanding the enemy. Fleas go through four life cycle stages:
The grown-ups live on creatures like your dog, where they digest blood and lay their eggs. One female flea can lay up to 2,000 eggs. These eggs bring forth in 1-10 days and spread all through your home and yard each time your dog scratches, shakes, or rests.
They then, at that point incubate into hatchlings that can proceed onward the host and feed on blood and flea soil (processed blood from the grown-up fleas). During the pupa stage, the structure cases, where they sit tight for a few days or as long as one year — ideally for the fleas in the solace of your floor covering, couch, or bed — until a warm-bodied host shows up. Then, at that point, they bring forth, become grown-ups, and invade their creature has – like your dog.
It’s critical to think about these stages in light of the fact that distinctive flea medicines for dogs address various pieces of the flea’s life cycle, so ensure you read the name of any flea end items and follow the bearings before use.
Prevention and Treatment
The most ideal approach to manage fleas is anticipation. Flea and tick medication execute fleas that interact with your dog, keeping your little guy from bringing them home in any case. There are a few choices out there, from flea collars to effective fluid candidates and pills. Converse with your vet about the flea protection that is most secure and appropriate for your pup or dog.
On the off chance that your dog as of now has fleas, these deterrents will, in any case, execute them, yet you may have to make a more forceful move, similar to remedy protection. You can likewise utilize a flea cleanser or an effective compound treatment, for example, a flea pill that kills the fleas on your dog in no time. Once more, it’s critical to ask your dog’s veterinarian for proposals.
Get Fleas Out of Your Home
Murdering the fleas on your dog is only one contributor to the issue. You additionally need to decide how to dispose of fleas in your home. This requires persistence. It can take up to three-to-four months to dispose of a pervasion. As it takes this long for the entirety of the fleas in your home to carry on with their life stages.
Here are the steps you need to take to kill fleas in your home:
- Choose and apply a spray, pellet, or nontoxic flea treatment for your yard. Keeping grass and brush short will also make your yard less inviting to fleas and ticks. Patch fences to discourage raccoons, rabbits, and other wildlife that carry fleas from coming into your yard.
- If your dog has ridden in your car lately, you should vacuum the seats.
- Continue to treat your dog and any other pets with a monthly preventative.
- During flea season, don’t let your dog interact with strange dogs. And be sure his puppy playmates are free of fleas.
- Wash all dog beds and soft dog toys in hot, soapy water. Repeat this frequently until the infestation has ended.
- Wash your own bedding, throw rugs, bath mats, and any blanket or cushion where your dog likes to sleep in hot water.
- Vacuum all carpets, hardwood floors, linoleum, and tiled floors, curtains. And upholstered furniture, and throw away the vacuum bag immediately in an outside garbage bin. You will need to vacuum on a regular basis to be sure all of the stages are addressed.
At GRAH, we have a diverse and talented team of Veterinary professionals. You can trust the skills of our vets, leaving the care and treatment of your pet in their capable hands. Let us earn your trust by becoming one of our veterinary families at GRAH.